Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day Four - Vittoria's notes


My character in the Harry Potter RP I'm in makes up spells. My latest post gave a bit of a description of what her spell-making notes look like and I thought it would be a fun thing to draw.

This is one of her earlier spells. Something immensely simple, but has flashy wandwork. Something she created before she began perfecting her craft.

Don't worry if you can't read it. You're not really meant to. You see...I don't know the first thing about making up spells in J.K Rowlings universe. It's not something that's ever gone into in the series (though making up spells is mentioned, she doesn't exactly get into the mechanics of it all), and as such I sort of have to pull things out of my ass and make it up as I go along. It is something that I've always wondered about and that's why I've chosen to explore it with my character.

Now it's time to give credit where it's due. The background texture was downloaded from here and the fonts I used for Vittoria's handwriting were Joe Hand 2 and Edgar da cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment