Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day 17 - A real, actual update! Oh my!


Funny story about this picture. It wasn't supposed to be Vittoria...and it wasn't supposed to be naked. But that seems to be where my doodles lead me lately.

Originally I intended this to be Pokemon art. I spent about 8 hours playing Pokemon Crystal for some nostalgia yesterday, and wanted to draw me as a Pokemon trainer with my Drowzee. But then I started off on this and couldn't stop myself.

I'm actually insanely proud of it. I know it doesn't look much better than any of my other doodles, but it's special, in that I drew it on oekaki (ShiPainter), which is something I never manage to make look good. Ever.

Normally I excel at clean lineart. I'm a clean linart master. But in oekaki, sadly, my linart looks all woobly and retarded. But not this time! Oh no, not this time! This time apparently I was just tired enough to be ridiculously anal about my lines, though not tired enough to decide to just give up in the middle. Or something. Whatever it was, it worked for once, and I could die happy right now because I was finally successful.

Here is the animation for it, if you'd like to watch me work.

2 comments: